Thursday, January 24, 2013

TO A NEW YEAR... 2013 STYLE


I seriously can't believe its already the end of January! Wasn't New Years just yesterday?  As the days pass by and yearly resolutions fade away, we come into the midst of embracing a new year and creating new goals.  I never believed in New Years "resolutions" but I do believe in creating new goals for a new year.

For 2013 I wish to do many things, find the better me, create a lot of art, do adventurous things and most of all, inspire many people.  In light of fashion, I really want to embrace my personal style and discover what really works with my body.  I also want to finally figure out what my real style is.  Here are some of my style goals for 2013:

1. Quality v. Quantity.  I'm a sucker for "cheap, cheap, cheap" things so usually I buy a lot of pieces that aren't the best quality.  Now, I think I'm getting a deal when I purchase cheap, (I mean I'll buy 4 shirts for  $50.00!)  What I don't realize is that when I buy cheap, I'm actually wasting my money because the pieces I buy tend to only last a couple wears.  So, I promised myself I'll only invest in pieces that scream 'OMG' I have to buy it and I'll also invest in statement pieces that will stay in my closet for years to come.

2. Embrace prints/patterns. 2012 introduced me to colored pants.  Name a color and I swear I already have it.  From bold reds, royals blues, yellows, pinks, turquoise, green and coral, I 've already tried them and worn them.  For 2013 I really want to wear more prints/patterns!  I want to get out of my comfort zone and dive into snake print, python print, dalmatian print, even floral print to add extra character into my wardrobe.  

3. Be BOLD.  I tend to gravitate towards button downs and plain skinny bottoms, and my everyday staple pants are black pants.  For 2013 I really want to wear pieces I've never tried before.  Pieces such as short shorts, boyfriend jeans, pie hats, destroyed jeans, silk bottoms, leather skirts....

4. Stay away from "fast fashion."  Since I live on a tight budget I can't afford to buy things that fade quickly throughout the seasons.  I have definitely fallen into my fast fashion days from buy ballerina skirts, creepers, to purchasing too many faux furs, etc... But as I get older, I really want to create a wardrobe I can keep  forever. It's all about keep those basics in tact and implementing vintage items to keep your wardrobe stylish and chic.

I hope this inspires all of you to jump out of your comfort zone and put together pieces that really describe who you are.  Your style never fades, it determines who you are, what you represent and how you want to show people what you are capable of.  
Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak. 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...